Stuarts inert landfill
Contained within Hill Barton Business Park, Stuarts is a professionally run Environment Agency licensed, inert landfill for the disposal or recycling of inert waste. Since 1988, Stuarts have progressed from filling a hole in the ground to operating a successful recycling facility.
The majority of material brought onto the site is now recycled, including the processing and sorting of over 80,000 tonnes per year of inert waste.
Our inert landfill processes material suitable for both disposal on site as well as crushed hardcore material for resale. We welcome the following types of waste:
- Bricks and concrete
- Ceramics and tiles providing they are not man made
- Stones and soil (apart from those containing hazardous substances).
When bringing waste to our site, you must be a registered Environment Agency Waste Carrier. Please contact the Environment Agency for further details on 03708 506 506 (Environment Agency general enquiries) or visit the Environment Agency website https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/environment-agency
- When visiting Stuarts with inert waste, you MUST report to the weighbridge for further directions and waste material inspection.
- Duty of Care Waste Transfer Notes need to be produced for waste accepted at Stuarts. Information required includes: vehicle registration, origin and producer of the material, description of the waste type, weight and volume, your waste carrier name and registration, SIC Code. We may complete further information about our site. The Transfer Note includes a declaration to show that the Waste Hierarchy under The Waste (England and Wales) Regulations 2011), has been taken into account.
- Unfortunately, as we operate an inert landfill, we can’t accept green waste such as grass, brambles, shrubs, trees, etc. You should ensure that this type of material is either removed or scraped back before your waste is loaded onto your vehicle. We do accept that sometimes it can be difficult to avoid all traces of green waste so we can allow a small amount of tolerance. However, we will confirm this upon inspection of your waste material.
- We are sorry but we can’t accept plasterboard (Gypsum).
If you have any questions then please do not hesitate to call us on 01395 232800; we look forward to welcoming you to our site.